Disclaimer:

The contents of this blog represent my thoughts and opinions and are not necessarily shared by the Peace Corps, the country of Ethiopia, or the United States Government.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Picture This...


Picture this....


A morning sunrise during one of my morning runs in Mezezo.



Gabi and wheat drying in the sun!

Washing my gabi with Zenebech!

Zenebech, my landlady, is a strong and wonderful woman.  Here we are washing my “gabi”- a traditional blanket/scarf that is worn by almost everyone each day.  It is very thick and difficult to wash, and so I am very thankful for Zenebech’s help J 





A great photo op: A high school student stopping on his way to school to play “wheelbarrow” with a goat!
  




This t-shirt, reading “Obama” comes in various colors and is worn by both males and females even in the most rural areas!



I spent an afternoon with this beautiful baby girl, Christina, and her mom Meskerem.  Eight months ago I had the opportunity to attend the baby’s christening ceremony (see the earlier blog post for reference!) and now she is almost walking, and loves dancing to Ethiopian music when it comes on!





Karate in Debre Birhan!


And a bonus pic:  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and this one definitely is I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment